"Superstition aint the way"
Sunday, September 13, 2009
I don’t believe in superstition. All my life I have done simple things like have a good luck charm, cross my fingers, not opening an umbrella inside, etc. Even though I have done small things that seem and sometimes feels like I believe in superstition I believe in something bigger. I believe in Christ. Having Christ in my life, I don’t have to worry about having a good luck charm or crossing my fingers because he is always there for me no matter what the situation. He is more than something I can carry around with me, He is my life. I live to praise Him and not worry about earthly things. A lot of times this concept is hard, trying not worrying about what is happening on earth and in my life. I have realized throughout my life that I don’t have to worry because whatever is happening in my life and will happen in my life is a part of Christ’s glorious plan for me; this is not meant to bring myself glory but to bring glory to Him and his kingdom. Some people would say that Christ’s death and resurrection is superstition in some way but it’s not, it is factual. Superstition in my opinion is just a feeling to make yourself feel better about a situation; wanting to doing better on a test or assignment or trying to avoiding things from happening. Having Christ in my life is not just a feeling, it’s a truthful statement. I know that He is always there for me and that He will be with me through every situation. I also know that because He will help me through anything, I don’t have to worry. I believe I don’t need superstition; I need Christ in my life.
Posted by
Caleb J. Lewis
