Recently the Carolina Beach Boardwalk has turned from a rundown youth hang out spot to a family attraction. They have gone back to their roots and brought back the rides and the shops. When I was younger, before the Marriott, there were lots rides and many arcades on the Boardwalk. Me and my cousins would spend countless hours on the boardwalk; playing the arcade games, eating at Britt’s Donuts, going to the local shops, playing putt putt, getting snowballs and riding all the rides. It was the best part of going to the beach. I have so many fond memories there.Over the years the Boardwalk had decayed. The rides were taken out, some of the shops and arcades were closed down, buildings were torn down. It had become a whole different place when I graduated from high school. All the things that had made the Boardwalk special as a child were gone. Recently they have brought back the rides. When I first saw the new rides, I thought about the fun times me and my cousins had on the Boardwalk when we were little. Even though the 4 of us are now “all grown up” I found myself wanting to be little again and able to ride the kiddy rides. There is nothing like the Carolina Beach Boardwalk on a Friday night. The lights, the games, the rides and the people, all make it exciting. Reliving my childhood led me to the write my English essay on environment of the Boardwalk; because there is nothing that can compare to the excitement it brings.
