Lately I have been thinking about my language and the types of words I use on a daily basis. I have realized that I sometimes I use harsh words and not take in to consideration how other people feel. I say something offensive or inconsiderate and then quickly move on before I have time to realize how it made someone else feel. This is something that I need to work on. God want us to show others his love to everyone around us. He wants us to not only show his love through our actions but also through our words. Being inconsiderate is not showing Gods love to others at all; it is actually showing the opposite.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
This is the kind of love the Christ has for us and we don’t even come close to deserve it. He loves us so much that he sacrificed himself for us. We should desire others to know about this incredible love. Show this love to others by being kind, considerate and genuine with them. I challenge everyone to show this love, even by doing simple things. This is something that I am going to be working on.
