As I was camping on Carolina Beach Labor Day weekend I thought about where I was a year ago. I can’t believe how much I have changed. My life is completely different now. A year ago I was at the same place but the scene was entirely different; I was on the beach drunk and living for myself. My actions were selfish and stupid. I was partying every weekend and doing things that my parents had thought me not to do. I was going against all the morals and values that I had made for myself in high school. My friends last year were a reflection of my actions. They partied too and that was the reason we were camping on Carolina Beach that weekend, to party and have fun. We wanted to get away from everything and have fun. It was a fun night but now looking back on it I realize how stupid it was and how I could have gotten in so much.Now everything has changed. I rededicated my life at Campus Crusade for Christ’s Winter Conference. I finally realized what Christ had done on the cross for me and my sins; I then wanted to live my life for Him and not for myself. I changed the way a lived my life and the friends I had after the conference. I started to live for Him. So camping on the Carolina Beach is completely different this year. There is no alcohol; it is just me and my friends having fun at the beach. We fished, had a camp fire and just hung out. I wish I knew then that alcohol and partying isn’t a satisfying life.
I meant to write this blog a few weeks back.
